BSI-04702 Partnering Opportunity, Humanized Anti- TROP2 mAb Solid Tumors in Global
Trop2 mAb Mechanism of Action
- BSI04702 is a humanized antibody that recognizes Trop-2.
- The anti-TROP2 antibody drug conjugate binds to the TROP2 protein on the surface of cancer cells, followed by internalization of the conjugate by endocytosis and release of its cytotoxic payload after lysosomal degradation
TNBC is the most aggressive type of breast cancer and accounts for approximately 15% of all breast cancers. It is more frequently diagnosed in younger and premenopausal women and is more prevalent in Black and Hispanic women. The five-year survival rate for this sub-type is 12%, compared with 28% for other breast cancer types, and these poor outcomes are often coupled with a significant decrease in quality of life, especially in relapsed/refractory disease.
Trop-2 is a protein located on the surface of cells and is overexpressed in TNBC and many other tumors.
Differentiable Treatment With Potential To Be First/Best in Class
BSI-04702 is a high-affinity humanized anti-TROP2 monoclonal antibody with superior bioactivity to the benchmark –sacituzumab (Gilead Sciences Inc)
Metastatic Transitional (Urothelial) Tract Cancer and Triple-Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC)
Key parameters of humanized anti-TROP2 antibody BSI04702 as compared to Sacituzumab:
- 5-folder Higher affinity to human TROP2 than analog of Sacituzumab (benchmark) and 4-fold higher affinity to cyno-TROP2 than benchmark
- Comparable cell binding activity to benchmark
- Comparable antibody internalization activity than benchmark
- Shows slightly overlapped epitope with benchmark
Mode of Administration
For discussion under CDA